The forum for car enthusiasts and the trade
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tradesure from Norton Insurance
  If you feel that any post on this forum is inappropriate or offensive and requires immediate action please e-mail the moderators at webmaster@kelseypb.co.uk
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
PEUGEOT PARTNER VAN 1.9D INDICATOR SHOWS WATER IN DIESEL FILTER (Read 2188 times)
veronica
Just arrived

PEUGEOT PARTNER VAN 1.9D INDICATOR SHOWS WATER IN DIESEL FILTER
04.01.10 at 10:42:36

Hi, my van recently starts beeping & blinking intermittently and the indicator show that there is water in the diesel filter.
I still able to drive, but checking with the van manual I have to go back to them immediately.  There are times it does not beep/blink at all, at times it beep/blink a couple of times , other time it is continuously beeping and the light of the indcator stay constantly lit up. What could be wrong? I just spent some$$ servcing the van & insurances & road tax and it a big hole in the pocket.

IP Logged

Forkingabout
Ex Member

Re: PEUGEOT PARTNER VAN 1.9D INDICATOR SHOWS WATER IN DIESEL FILTER
Reply #1 - 04.01.10 at 11:03:19

Its just a water in filter warning light.

Normally you can drain the water out the bottom of the diesel filter via a little tap on the bottom ( depending on the set up )

Normally draining about a cup full of liquid out the bottom of the filter housing will cure it.

The water gets in the diesel at the filling station & then some ends up in your tank, once it finds its way to the filter it will trigger the warning light on the dash.

IP Logged

Welshy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04.01.10 at 17:19:00

I don't know what age your van is, but the sensor for the filter is ultra sensitive on the XUD engine

As Lee says, you should be able to drain any water from the base of the filter. If my memory serves me correctly, theres a drain at the base of the filter housing, but I'm sure others on here will correct me if I'm wrong

IP Logged

veronica
Just arrived

Reply #3 - 05.01.10 at 07:45:50

Hey, Thanks for your reply Grin. Are you familiar with Peugeot 1.9D van? Do you by any chance know there filter or cap located? I opened up my bonnet & couldn't find any on the surface.

IP Logged

Welshy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07.01.10 at 16:59:58

veronica wrote on 05.01.10 at 07:45:50:
Hey, Thanks for your reply Grin. Are you familiar with Peugeot 1.9D van? Do you by any chance know there filter or cap located? I opened up my bonnet & couldn't find any on the surface.

Think it's on left of engine (as you look under bonnet). Follow fuel line to filter housing Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1