The forum for car enthusiasts and the trade
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tradesure from Norton Insurance
  If you feel that any post on this forum is inappropriate or offensive and requires immediate action please e-mail the moderators at webmaster@kelseypb.co.uk
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Vectra B headlight adjustment (Read 3164 times)
dstealth
Getting on a bit

Morpeth
Vectra B headlight adjustment
08.01.10 at 17:45:42

I have servo motors  connected to the front headlights on my Vectra for adjusting the height of the beam. The way they are meant to work is through a plastic rod with a ball on the end that screws itself in and out of the servo when the selector switch is pressed inside the car. The ball on the end of this rod is attached inside the headlight itself.

Question - I've recently fitted a brand new headlight to the car, but I don't think that the adjustable rod on the servo motor is clipped inside of the healight properly because I can't see the headlight beam moving up or down. This rod has a slot for a screwdriver in the top of it so it can be adjusted.

Does anybody on here have enough experience with Vauxhalls to tell me what the correct setting procedure is for getting my headlights to adjust properly on the three settings and how to set up the servo motors?

Cheers.

IP Logged

HORSE
Ex Member

Re: Vectra B headlight adjustment
Reply #1 - 08.01.10 at 18:57:19

sounds like ? the rod hasnt connected into ball joint, i guess the headlights didnt come with the motors? ive had problems with non genuine headlights in this case, can be very tight fit , be very carefull fragile in cold. easier to do than explain but here goes, remove motor screw adjuster right out, blob of grease on end of rod , remove bulb, try to hold headlamp lens , while putting motor back in, youll feel it clip into balljoint.

IP Logged

Stu_DaBear
Part of the furniture

I'd rather push my Fords
than own another vauxhall

Reply #2 - 09.01.10 at 12:35:37

couldn't have put it better myself, had to do a corsa same way this week

IP Logged

dstealth
Getting on a bit

Morpeth
Reply #3 - 09.01.10 at 15:30:36

Cheers Horse. Will try that  Smiley

And no, the new headlight wasn't a genuine one. It's made by a company called Depo. The original was a Carello.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1