THE ONLINE HOME OF THE BEST-SELLING INDEPENDENT JAGUAR CAR MAGAZINE
Jaguar World Monthly Homepage The Magazine Subscribe Back Issues & Reprints Accessories Books
Auctions Club Racing Events Diary Jaguar Tours Classified Ads Wallpapers Contact Next month Links

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
x300 bootlid (Read 1257 times)
paulxjr
I've just arrived

surrey
x300 bootlid
05.11.2012 at 12:51:20

Hello all, going from bad to worse any ideas how to get into the boot security module has been removed so button on dash doesn't work key in lock doesn't work dont really want to drill holes ,oh and battery has gone completely flat ,thanks

IP Logged

covkid

England
Re: x300 bootlid
Reply #1 - 05.11.2012 at 13:09:41

paulxjr wrote on 05.11.2012 at 12:51:20:
Hello all, going from bad to worse any ideas how to get into the boot security module has been removed so button on dash doesn't work key in lock doesn't work dont really want to drill holes ,oh and battery has gone completely flat ,thanks

If the battery was not flat, would you then be able to unlock/unlatch the boot using the button on the dash or the key in the lock?

If so, and there is a battery positive terminal on the firewall in the engine bay (as on the '93/'94 XJ40s), just jump that terminal and ground with another battery.

If not you need someone with an X300 to tell you where to start drilling to access the boot latch mechanism!

IP Logged

paulxjr
I've just arrived

surrey
Reply #2 - 05.11.2012 at 15:05:31

Hi i think that because the security module has been removed it renders the remote boot button inoperative and also the key thanks

IP Logged

covkid

England
Reply #3 - 05.11.2012 at 15:24:50

paulxjr wrote on 05.11.2012 at 15:05:31:
Hi i think that because the security module has been removed it renders the remote boot button inoperative and also the key thanks

Mmmm. Are you a subscriber to Jag-lovers? If so go to the X300 forum and do an archive search on 'locked boot - drill hole' and a whole series of posts will appear.
Here is one example, but not being an X300 owner I cannot vouch for its accuracy!  Grin

http://forums.jag-lovers.org/avsn.php?1257156k17

IP Logged

paulxjr
I've just arrived

surrey
Reply #4 - 05.11.2012 at 17:44:31

thanks for that i shall have a look cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1

Other Kelsey Publications...
AUTOMOTIVE TITLES:   4x4, Classic Car Buyer, Classic Car Mart, Classic Military Vehicle, Classic Van & Pick-up, Classic & Vintage Commercials, Custom Car, Jaguar World, Land Rover World, MG Enthusiast, Modern Mini, Total BMW, Triumph World, Volkswagen Golf+
ASSOCIATED WEBSITES:   Car & Classic, Great-Cars

Content Copyright 2010-2012 Kelsey Publishing Group